CHOOSE FOUR QUESTIONS FROM THE FOLLOWING. GIVE COMPREHENSIVE AND LUCID ANSWERS AND WHENEVER POSSIBLE, ILLUSTRATE YOUR POINT THROUGH APPROPRIATE EXAMPLES BY DRAWING ON YOUR READING MATERIAL OFFERED IN THE e-class (25 points each item)
1. How can a person’s accent reveal information about their “identity”? Illustrate your view in reference to L1 and L2 by referring to the relevant articles that appear in your e-class.
2. How can “attitude” affect language and foreign language learning in particular? Refer to the theory of “attitudes” in language and pronunciation that have been expressed over the years and state your personal stance on the issue. Justify your point by drawing on the relevant literature that appears in your e-class.
3. Provide a comprehensive account of the most important factors that influence L1 and L2 learning; Offer your well justified personal opinion on this issue by drawing on the reading material of the e-class (articles and ppps).
4. Explain the term “multi-cultural awareness” and illustrate how a multi-culturally aware EFL teacher can better cope with the demands of teaching English in the globalized 21st c.
5. Provide a valid definition of the term “ELF” and explain its domain and its contribution to the teaching of English pronunciation.